Thank you for visiting www.fashionincubator.com.
PART I: COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information
We do not automatically collect personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. However, such information may be collected if you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, we may collect your personal information in connection with services we offer, our online newsletters, an event we host, webinars, conferences, our online surveys, contests or promotions we host and inquiries or applications you make to become member.
Accordingly, in the course of interacting with our website or our representatives, you may be asked to provide or we may collect, your:
- Business name(s);
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Banking and/or credit card information to pay or accept payments from us;
- Social media profile information to interact with us online;
- Comments, feedback, reviews, survey results and similar information; and
- All other information you elect to provide to us, whether online or otherwise.
In using our website, servers may automatically log:
- Your internet protocol ("IP") address, which may indicate the physical location of your computer on the internet. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about our website’s userbase in the interest of improving our website;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of our website; and
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with our website, for example, your browser information and session duration.
The Personal Information of Other Individuals
PART II: THE USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
TFI does not sell your personal information to any organization for any purpose. We use personal information to:
- Facilitate the operation of the website and provide services to you;
- Send emails and newsletters to you, including emails about TFI events, the fashion industry, membership and services, which you may unsubscribe from at any time;
- Send you surveys requesting your feedback on our services, membership and events;
- Plan future events and customize or change the services we offer in connection with your feedback and survey results;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials from us or our industry partners;
- Deliver content that is customized to your interests;
- Allow you to participate in promotions or contests;
- Verify your contact information;
- Evaluate you as a potential member of TFI;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Communicate with you about services we offer;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- To meet legal requirements or seek legal advice from a lawyer; and
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
PART III: THE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sharing Personal Information and Content if Required by Law
We may share personal information and any content collected, uploaded or provided to us if required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process in any jurisdiction. If we are required by law to make any disclosure of your personal information or content, we may, but are not obligated to, provide you with written notice of such disclosure, if permitted by law.
Sharing Personal Information to Cooperate with Investigations and Law Enforcement
Absent a court order, subpoena or other legal requirement to disclose personal information or content in our possession or control, you agree that we may also share personal information and content you upload or which is associated with your account to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of any criminal matter if we reasonably believe doing so is necessary or beneficial in protecting your safety, or the safety of any third-party.
Sharing Personal Information with Third-Party Providers
Our suppliers, partners, independent contractors (collectively “Third-Party Provider(s)”) and/or employees, may have access to, or be shared personal information to use in connection with one or more of the purposes for which the information was collected.
Third-Party Providers may have their own agreements and privacy policies on the collection and use of personal information which either we or you provide them.
Your Personal Information May Not Be Stored in Canada
As we may have servers, Third-Party Providers, employees and other parties we share your personal information with in locations both inside and outside of Canada, your personal information may become subject to foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
Sharing Personal Information if Our Business, Website or Service is Acquired
We may share personal information with our successors (if our business, the Website or Service are acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and Service. Disclosure in such circumstances is governed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c 5 in Canada.
Disclaimer and Warning About Sharing Personal Information Online
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WHEN SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLINE, THERE IS ALWAYS A RISK OF DATA BREACHES, INCLUDING DATA BREACHES IN WHICH THIRD PARTIES UNLAWFULLY ACCESS OUR SYSTEMS, OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, WHICH STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING BY WAY OF NEGLIGENCE, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT DIRECTLY AND GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to the websites of third parties. You agree that TFI is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third party websites.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. Please contact us if you would like to delete any personal information we hold about you or to unsubscribe from our emails.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to and automatically downloaded by your web browser (assuming you have cookies enabled) when you visit our website. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows our website and Third-Party Providers we use to recognize you, track your activity across our and other websites and is usually used in conjunction with logging your IP address.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer (in your browser files) or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Can you delete Cookies once downloaded?
Most web browsers also permit you to delete cookies. This is typically done via your web browser’s settings, which vary depending on which web browser you use. For details on managing cookies settings using:
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050;
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored;
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac; and
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
For example, cookies are used in connection with our use of Google LLC’s Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics and how cookies are used by Google Analytics, see Google LLC’s information page at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.