A CELEBRATION OF CANADIAN DESIGN AT LFW
CALLING CANADIAN FASHION BRANDS:
COVID-19 may have cancelled our travel plans, but not our enthusiasm or ingenuity! To help Canadians increase their export market sales, we launched SHOWROOM CANADA, a new and exciting digital showroom for mid-sized, Canadian apparel and accessory brands.
Accelerate your B2B wholesale sales transactions digitally on the JOOR platform that's accessed by 200,000 global retailers including Net-a-Porter, Shopbop, Dover Street Market, Harrods and more!
Online applications will soon be available to Canadian-based apparel and accessory brands interested in participating in SHOWROOM CANADA for the Fall 2022 season (Feb 1 to March 31, 2022).
- Your own branded digital showroom within SHOWROOM CANADA for the duration of the selling season (approx. 8 weeks from the launch date which will be around February 1, 2022)
- Exposure to 200,000+ global retailers, buying offices and distributors
- Webinars about: getting export-ready, preparing digital assets, pricing and dollar conversions, how to follow-up with retailers through the digital platform and more
- Group public relations targeting global retailers
- Inclusion in TFI e-blasts sent to media and retailers
- Profile on the TFI website with a link to your online showroom within SHOWROOM CANADA
- Business owner must be a Canadian citizen and have a valid social insurance number or have Permanent Resident Status
- Must be a Canadian-based, ready-to-wear brand (women's, men's, gender-neutral, children's wear, accessories)
- Business is registered in Canada and has a CRA-issued BN number
- Business pays taxes in Canada
- Have been in business a minimum of 3 to 5 years
- Have a minimum of 3 retail and/or e-commerce wholesale accounts
- Business is export-ready with prior export market experience
- You have a professionally-shot lookbook and corresponding price list from your most recent season (these will need to be uploaded with your application)
- Your fall/winter 2022 collection must be completed by January 15, 2022
- You agree to attend all mandatory e-meetings/webinars/sessions
- You agree to remit a mandatory post-event questionnaire
- You agree to remit your event contract and participation fee in full by October 30, 2021
- You're committed and motivated to actively engage with retailers through the platform to generate export sales for the fall 2022 season and beyond
Consumers cannot access or buy products from Showroom Canada as it's a WHOLESALE business platform where brands sell to retail stores, buying offices and distributors.
While this opportunity is open to all Canadian-based RTW brands, we are committed to highlighting the diversity of Canada’s fashion industry. We encourage BIPOC, female and LGBTQ2S+ owned fashion labels to apply.
Higher consideration will be given to companies with Canadian-made, fashion-forward products in the contemporary, bridge and designer price points, producing women's, men's, gender-neutral and accessories that appeal to a global marketplace. This includes daywear, eveningwear, athleisure, street, outerwear, sustainable clothing, specialty sizing, handbags, footwear, jewellery and other accessories.
Due to the type of retailers registered with the digital platform and the seasonality of this opportunity, this program is ideal for Canadian companies producing fall 2022 ready-to-wear products and is not suitable to companies that only produce PPE, custom/bespoke, or home furnishings/decor.